As the official trade association of broadcasters across the Peace Garden State, the North Dakota Broadcasters Association
is the authoritative source for information about radio and television stations throughout the state.
BISMARCK, N.D. – The North Dakota Census 2020 Task Force will be hosting the North Dakota “We’re Counting on You” Census 2020 Workshop on Feb. 3 at Bismarck State College’s Energy Center of Excellence.
The event will provide training for the upcoming census count known as Census Day on April 1. Although Census Day isn’t until April, community leaders are highly encouraged to get prepared now, according to North Dakota Census Office Manager Kevin Iverson.
“The event is intended to provide just-in-time training for community leaders as we shift into high-gear, encouraging all the state’s residents to be counted in Census 2020,” Iverson said.
The workshop will review marketing for the public that will be counted ahead of the census, the plans for count operations, including the counting of individuals in group quarters, the homeless and door-to-door enumeration of non-responding householders.
Representatives from various communities have been invited to present best practices in encouraging civic participation in the census. The event will conclude with a training session on how to identify hard-to-count individuals and ways to encourage their participation.
“Complete census counts are imperative to ensure communities receive appropriate federal funding,” Iverson said. “A single person missed in the Census 2020 hurts local communities for the entire decade with an estimated loss of $19,100 per person.”
Gov. Doug Burgum appointed task force leaders across the state to ensure every North Dakotan is counted in Census 2020. Consisting of two co-chair leaders and six subcommittees led by community leaders, the task force will promote and encourage participation in every area of the state. In addition to their areas, subcommittees will focus on several unique populations: Bakken region workers, Native Americans, retirees, military members, college students and immigrants.
Individuals interested in attending the event should visit ndcensus2020.com for more information.
THE LATEST FROM washington, dc
- FCC Enforcement Monitor ~ February 2020Pillsbury’s communications lawyers have published FCC Enforcement Monitor monthly since 1999 to inform our clients of notable FCC enforcement actions against FCC license holders and others. This month’s issue includes: Violations of the Live Broadcasting Rule Lead to $50,000 Consent Decree Decision Affirming Dismissal of Mississippi Station’s License Renewal Application Highlights Intricacies of License Renewal […]
- FCC Enforcement Monitor ~ January 2020Pillsbury’s communications lawyers have published FCC Enforcement Monitor monthly since 1999 to inform our clients of notable FCC enforcement actions against FCC license holders and others. This month’s issue includes: Arkansas University’s Underwriting Violations Lead to $76,000 Consent Decree Large TV Broadcaster Agrees to Pay $1.3 Million Over Predecessor’s Tower Compliance Problems Recent Fine Cancellations […]
- The Pillsbury Broadcasters’ Calendar: A Look at the Year Ahead with 2020 AccuracyWith radio license renewals underway, TV license renewals starting soon, the TV repack chugging along, and a whole new set of deadlines for kidvid launching this year, there are a lot of 2020 deadlines that broadcasters must track and meet. To help broadcasters accomplish that, Pillsbury has published a new edition of its Broadcasters’ Calendar […]
- NAB Statement on FCC TV White Spaces NPRMWASHINGTON, D.C. – In response to the FCC's approval of a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking related to targeted changes to the white space device rules in the TV band, the following statement can be attributed to NAB Executive Vice President of Communications Dennis Wharton:
- 2020 NAB Crystal Radio Award Finalists AnnouncedThe National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) announced the 50 finalists for the 33rd annual NAB Crystal Radio Awards.
- NAB Show Welcome Event to Feature Federal Communications Commission Chairman Ajit PaiFederal Communications Commission (FCC) Chairman Ajit Pai and National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) President and CEO Gordon Smith will participate in a keynote conversation Monday, April 20 during the NAB Show Welcome event at 9:00 a.m. on the Main Stage in the North Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center.