As the official trade association of broadcasters across the Peace Garden State, the North Dakota Broadcasters Association
is the authoritative source for information about radio and television stations throughout the state.
THE LATEST NEWS FROM THE NDBA
Army National Guard and NDBA celebrate the Bridge Builder Award with Dickinson Broadcasters at the end of July.
THE LATEST FROM washington, dc
- FCC Opens New Filing Window For Displaced Rural LPTV ApplicantsThe FCC announced the opening of a new filing window to modify pending applications proposing new digital Low Power TV and TV translator service in rural areas. This filing window will permit applicants with long-pending applications who have subsequently been displaced by the Incentive Auction and the repacking process to submit amended proposals, subject to […]
- FCC Enforcement Monitor ~ November 2019Pillsbury’s communications lawyers have published FCC Enforcement Monitor monthly since 1999 to inform our clients of notable FCC enforcement actions against FCC license holders and others. This month’s issue includes: Government Shutdown and Other “Compelling Reasons” Prompt FCC to Reinstate NY Radio Station License FCC Fines Virginia AM Station and Limits License Renewal to Two […]
- A Broadcaster’s Guide to the U.S. Department of Labor’s New Overtime Exemption Requirements[Editor’s Note: Pillsbury will be conducting a December 3, 2019 webinar for broadcasters on the new overtime regulations sponsored by the National Alliance of State Broadcasters Associations. Details can be found here.] On September 24, 2019, the U.S. Department of Labor published final regulations under the Fair Labor Standards Act that raised the minimum salary […]
- NAB Statement on MPA Hiring Register of Copyrights Karyn Temple as General CounselWASHINGTON, D.C. -- In response to the Motion Picture Association naming Register of Copyrights Karyn Temple as senior executive vice president and global general counsel, the following statement can be attributed to NAB Executive Vice President of Communications Dennis Wharton:
- Travel Video Alliance Accepting Submissions for 2020 Travel Video Awards at NAB ShowThe Travel Video Awards (TVAs) are open for submissions for the third annual awards program to be held at NAB Show on April 21 in Las Vegas.
- NAB Statement on FCC Approval of All-Digital AM RulemakingWASHINGTON, D.C. -- In response to the FCC's adoption of a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking that would allow AM radio stations to voluntarily convert to an all-digital operation, the following statement can be attributed to NAB Executive Vice President of Communications Dennis Wharton: