As the official trade association of broadcasters across the Peace Garden State, the North Dakota Broadcasters Association
is the authoritative source for information about radio and television stations throughout the state.
Did you know there was a Broadcasters Caucus in Washington? If not, you do now. Several members of that Caucus have sent a letter to the House and Senate leadership pushing for financial relief for broadcasters. Representative Tom Emmer (left) of Minnesota and Representative Brendan Boyle from Pennsylvania, who co-chair
According to the letter, some local broadcasters have lost as much as 90 percent of their ad buys. Associations representing local broadcasters in all 50 states, the District and Columbia and Puerto Rico sent a letter to Congress, urging legislators to provide relief for local media so that it can
Coming off a holiday weekend, it is a reminder of the way things used to be. Very little about this year has been usual so far. Everything is different and continuously changing. This is now the new normal – constant change, shifts and analysis into what consumers are thinking, doing and plan on
Said that is needed COVID-19 aid for key players in national pandemic response A bipartisan House duo has asked the FCC to cut broadcasters some slack when it comes to regulatory fees given that TV and radio are critical components of COVID-19 response and that their ad revenue has taken
THE LATEST FROM washington, dc
- C-Band Relocation Cost Schedule Released, With Earth Station Elections Due August 31, 2020The FCC took another significant step in the C-Band reallocation process, releasing its Final Cost Category Schedule for Relocation Expenses of C-Band (3.7-4.2 GHz) satellite licensees. The Public Notice accompanying the cost schedule also established August 31, 2020 as the deadline for C-Band earth station licensees to elect whether they wish to receive a lump […]
- FCC Enforcement Monitor ~ July 2020Pillsbury’s communications lawyers have published FCC Enforcement Monitor monthly since 1999 to inform our clients of notable FCC enforcement actions against FCC license holders and others. This month’s issue includes: FCC Settles with Six Major Radio Groups Over Political File Violations Texas Radio Stations Face Proposed Fines for Contest Rule Violations $15,000 Fine Proposed for […]
- FCC Enforcement Monitor ~ June 2020Pillsbury’s communications lawyers have published FCC Enforcement Monitor monthly since 1999 to inform our clients of notable FCC enforcement actions against FCC license holders and others. This month’s issue includes: Time Off the Air Leads to License Termination for North Dakota Radio Station FCC Enters Into Consent Decree With Tech Company Imposing $250,000 Civil Penalty […]
- National Association of Broadcasters and League of Women Voters Launch Voter Education PSA CampaignWASHINGTON, D.C. – The National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) and the League of Women Voters (LWV) today announced the launch of a voter education campaign featuring public service announcements (PSAs) made available through NAB’s 2020 Election Toolkit. The campaign will air from August 3 to Election Day on November 3.
- NAB Statement on Withdrawal of Nomination of FCC Commissioner Michael O'RiellyWASHINGTON, D.C. – In response to the withdrawal of the nomination of Michael O'Rielly to a five-year term with the Federal Communications Commission, the following statement can be attributed to NAB President and CEO Gordon Smith:
- Local Radio Freedom Act Gains Support of Majority of House of Representatives