As the official trade association of broadcasters across the Peace Garden State,
the North Dakota Broadcasters Association is the authoritative source for information
about radio and television stations throughout the state.
A celebration of life for Paul Allan Quinn, age 72, of Dickinson, ND will be held at a later date. Paul passed away at his
Spectrum News/Morning Consult survey says 87% of Americans are satisfied with their local news coverage STAMFORD, Conn.—A new poll brings good news to local TV
Robert “Rob” Jeffrey Ingstad, 51, was born on November 2, 1970, in Pierre, SD to Robert Edward Jr. and Janice Ingstad. On August 15, 2022,
Political file revisions still need OMB sign-off The FCC‘s update of its political programming rules has been published in the Federal Register, which sets the effective
Commission cite discoverability, ‘ease of use’ concerns WASHINGTON D.C.—The FCC is asking for public comment on updating its closed captioning rules for television as well
The messages will be delivered to airmen and soldiers. Kyle Murphy, morning show host for “Murphy in the Morning” at KSJB Radio, would like to
THE LATEST FROM washington, dc
- New Fee Filing System Adds to September 28 FCC Regulatory Fee Deadline ChallengesThe FCC released its Report and Order adopting the final amounts that regulatees must pay in annual regulatory fees for FY2022, and opened the filing window for making those payments. The window closes at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on September 28, 2022. If paying the fees wasn’t challenging enough, as part of its continuing rollout […]
- Foreign Sponsorship Disclosure Compliance Deadline for Existing Programming Is Upon UsBroadcast stations face a September 15 deadline to ensure that all programming aired on their stations complies with the FCC’s foreign sponsorship disclosure requirements. The Foreign Sponsorship Disclosure Rule was adopted by the FCC in April 2021, targeting airtime lease agreements between broadcasters and foreign governments or their representatives. The rule requires stations to take […]
- FCC Enforcement Monitor August 2022Pillsbury’s communications lawyers have published FCC Enforcement Monitor monthly since 1999 to inform our clients of notable FCC enforcement actions against FCC license holders and others. This month’s issue includes: Sponsorship ID Violations Lead to Consent Decree With $60,000 Payment Unauthorized Station Transfers and Silent Stations Result in $25,000 Civil Penalty and Compliance Plan Retailer […]
- NAB Statement on Introduction of Performance Royalty Bill in SenateWASHINGTON, D.C. -- In response to the American Music Fairness Act (AMFA) companion bill introduced today in the Senate, the following statement can be attributed to NAB President and CEO Curtis LeGeyt:
- Haro Appointed to NAB TV Board of DirectorsWASHINGTON, D.C. – Steve Haro, executive vice president for government affairs for TelevisaUnivision, has been appointed to the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) Television Board of Directors by Television Board Chair Perry Sook in accordance with NAB by-laws. The appointment is effective immediately.
- NAB Statement on Senate Judiciary Committee Passage of the Journalism Competition and Preservation ActWASHINGTON, D.C. -- In response to passage by the Senate Judiciary Committee of the Journalism Competition and Preservation Act, the following statement can be attributed to NAB President and CEO Curtis LeGeyt: