As the official trade association of broadcasters across the Peace Garden State, the North Dakota Broadcasters Association
is the authoritative source for information about radio and television stations throughout the state.
THE LATEST NEWS FROM THE NDBA
Army National Guard and NDBA celebrate the Bridge Builder Award with Dickinson Broadcasters at the end of July.
THE LATEST FROM washington, dc
- Ready, Set, File! Broadcast Biennial Ownership Report Filing Window Opens November 1stThe Federal Communications Commission released a Public Notice reminding broadcast licensees that the filing window for Broadcast Biennial Ownership Reports (FCC Form 323 and 323-E) will open on November 1, 2019. All licensees of commercial and noncommercial AM, FM, full-power TV, Class A Television and Low Power Television stations must submit their ownership reports by […]
- FCC Enforcement Monitor ~ October 2019Pillsbury’s communications lawyers have published FCC Enforcement Monitor monthly since 1999 to inform our clients of notable FCC enforcement actions against FCC license holders and others. This month’s issue includes: Virginia FM Station’s Years of Missing Quarterly Lists Lead to Proposed $15,000 Fine and a Reduced License Term FCC Investigates Ohio College Station Over Unauthorized […]
- FM Broadcast Auction on the HorizonOn October 10, 2019, the FCC announced that it will hold a full-power FM Broadcast auction for 130 new construction permits starting on April 28, 2020. For now, the FCC is seeking comment on the procedures for the auction, although it does not propose any significant changes from past FM broadcast auctions. In connection with […]
- NAB Statement on FCC Approval of All-Digital AM RulemakingWASHINGTON, D.C. -- In response to the FCC's adoption of a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking that would allow AM radio stations to voluntarily convert to an all-digital operation, the following statement can be attributed to NAB Executive Vice President of Communications Dennis Wharton:
- Travel Video Alliance Accepting Submissions for 2020 Travel Video Awards at NAB ShowThe Travel Video Awards (TVAs) are open for submissions for the third annual awards program to be held at NAB Show on April 21 in Las Vegas.
- NAB Statement on House Judiciary Passage of Satellite TV LegislationWASHINGTON, D.C. –In response to today's passage of STELAR legislation (“Satellite Television Community Protection and Promotion Act of 2019”) by the House Judiciary Committee, the following statement can be attributed to NAB President and CEO Gordon Smith: