As the official trade association of broadcasters across the Peace Garden State, the North Dakota Broadcasters Association
is the authoritative source for information about radio and television stations throughout the state.
THE LATEST NEWS FROM THE NDBA
Army National Guard and NDBA celebrate the Bridge Builder Award with Dickinson Broadcasters at the end of July.
THE LATEST FROM washington, dc
- Ready, Set, File! Broadcast Biennial Ownership Report Filing Window Opens November 1stThe Federal Communications Commission released a Public Notice reminding broadcast licensees that the filing window for Broadcast Biennial Ownership Reports (FCC Form 323 and 323-E) will open on November 1, 2019. All licensees of commercial and noncommercial AM, FM, full-power TV, Class A Television and Low Power Television stations must submit their ownership reports by […]
- FCC Enforcement Monitor ~ October 2019Pillsbury’s communications lawyers have published FCC Enforcement Monitor monthly since 1999 to inform our clients of notable FCC enforcement actions against FCC license holders and others. This month’s issue includes: Virginia FM Station’s Years of Missing Quarterly Lists Lead to Proposed $15,000 Fine and a Reduced License Term FCC Investigates Ohio College Station Over Unauthorized […]
- FM Broadcast Auction on the HorizonOn October 10, 2019, the FCC announced that it will hold a full-power FM Broadcast auction for 130 new construction permits starting on April 28, 2020. For now, the FCC is seeking comment on the procedures for the auction, although it does not propose any significant changes from past FM broadcast auctions. In connection with […]
- 200 House Members Now Support Local Radio Freedom ActWASHINGTON, DC -- Five Members of the House of Representatives and a Senator have added their cosponsorship to a resolution opposing "any new performance fee, tax, royalty, or other charge" on local broadcast radio stations. The Local Radio Freedom Act (LRFA), which signals Members of Congress's opposition to any potential legislation that imposes new performance royalties […]
- NAB Leadership Foundation Announces Inaugural Media Sales Academy ClassThe NAB Leadership Foundation announced the inaugural Media Sales Academy class. The Media Sales Academy was developed from the Media Sales Institute.
- NAB Statement on Senator Graham Letters Regarding Market Alternative to STELAR ExtensionWASHINGTON, D.C. – In response to letters from Senate Judiciary Chairman Lindsey Graham (R-SC) to ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC regarding a market alternative to extending a law that allows satellite TV companies to provide out-of-state broadcast programming into a local TV market, the following statement can be attributed to NAB President and CEO Gordon […]