As the official trade association of broadcasters across the Peace Garden State, the North Dakota Broadcasters Association
is the authoritative source for information about radio and television stations throughout the state.
THE LATEST NEWS FROM THE NDBA
BISMARCK, N.D. – The North Dakota Census 2020 Task Force will be hosting the North Dakota “We’re Counting on You” Census 2020 Workshop on Feb. 3 at Bismarck State College’s Energy Center of Excellence.
The event will provide training for the upcoming census count known as Census Day on April 1. Although Census Day isn’t until April, community leaders are highly encouraged to get prepared now, according to North Dakota Census Office Manager Kevin Iverson.
“The event is intended to provide just-in-time training for community leaders as we shift into high-gear, encouraging all the state’s residents to be counted in Census 2020,” Iverson said.
The workshop will review marketing for the public that will be counted ahead of the census, the plans for count operations, including the counting of individuals in group quarters, the homeless and door-to-door enumeration of non-responding householders.
Representatives from various communities have been invited to present best practices in encouraging civic participation in the census. The event will conclude with a training session on how to identify hard-to-count individuals and ways to encourage their participation.
“Complete census counts are imperative to ensure communities receive appropriate federal funding,” Iverson said. “A single person missed in the Census 2020 hurts local communities for the entire decade with an estimated loss of $19,100 per person.”
Gov. Doug Burgum appointed task force leaders across the state to ensure every North Dakotan is counted in Census 2020. Consisting of two co-chair leaders and six subcommittees led by community leaders, the task force will promote and encourage participation in every area of the state. In addition to their areas, subcommittees will focus on several unique populations: Bakken region workers, Native Americans, retirees, military members, college students and immigrants.
Individuals interested in attending the event should visit ndcensus2020.com for more information.
THE LATEST FROM washington, dc
- The Pillsbury Broadcasters’ Calendar: A Look at the Year Ahead with 2020 AccuracyWith radio license renewals underway, TV license renewals starting soon, the TV repack chugging along, and a whole new set of deadlines for kidvid launching this year, there are a lot of 2020 deadlines that broadcasters must track and meet. To help broadcasters accomplish that, Pillsbury has published a new edition of its Broadcasters’ Calendar […]
- FCC Enforcement Monitor ~ December 2019Pillsbury’s communications lawyers have published FCC Enforcement Monitor monthly since 1999 to inform our clients of notable FCC enforcement actions against FCC license holders and others. This month’s issue includes: North Carolina FM Translator Station Hit With $2,000 Proposed Fine Over Primary Station Change FCC Admonishes Georgia TV Stations for Insufficient Political File Disclosures FCC […]
- FCC Opens New Filing Window For Displaced Rural LPTV ApplicantsThe FCC announced the opening of a new filing window to modify pending applications proposing new digital Low Power TV and TV translator service in rural areas. This filing window will permit applicants with long-pending applications who have subsequently been displaced by the Incentive Auction and the repacking process to submit amended proposals, subject to […]
- NAB Sales and Management Television Exchange Rebrands, Expands Focus for 2020 EventThe newly-named NAB Sales and Management Television Exchange (SMTE), formerly the Small Market Television Exchange, will expand its attendee base and provide enhanced programming for station staff serving in a variety of functions, from sales and management to news operations.
- Award-winning Cinematographer Sam Nicholson to Keynote 2020 Post|Production World Conference at NAB ShowThe National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) and Future Media Conferences (FMC) will present a special keynote address by Emmy-award winning cinematographer and visual effects director Sam Nicholson on Sunday, April 19 as part of P|PW at NAB Show.
- KCVM-FM to Receive NAB Crystal Heritage Award at NAB ShowThe National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) will honor Coloff Media’s KCVM-FM Cedar Falls, IA with the esteemed NAB Crystal Heritage Award. The award will be presented during the We Are Broadcasters Celebration, held Tuesday, April 21 during the 2020 NAB Show in Las Vegas.