As the official trade association of broadcasters across the Peace Garden State, the North Dakota Broadcasters Association
is the authoritative source for information about radio and television stations throughout the state.
Good news for radio: Drive-time audience continues to power forward in PPM markets. In the September PPM survey, reach is now 97% of March and average quarter-hour persons is 90% of March levels. The audience strength is powered by commuting increases and a return to school, according to Nielsen data
Said they have no First Amendment right to immunity denied others, including broadcasters FCC chairman Ajit Pai has signaled he plans to follow President Trump’s lead and “clarify” Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act. He also says he has been assured by FCC lawyers that the FCC has the
As more Americans get out of the home and return to traditional workplaces, in-car radio listening is recovering from earlier phases of the pandemic, new research shows. Among core radio station consumers, more than half (53%) say they are listening “a lot” to a regular radio in the car, up
With radio station event calendars cleared due to the pandemic, sales departments scrambled to keep money on the books and provide the touchpoints that clients like getting from in-person gatherings. Thomas Hanson, VP, Sales and Marketing of Tuned In Broadcasting adult alternative “Lightning 100” WRLT Nashville, served as moderator and
THE LATEST FROM washington, dc
- FCC Enforcement Monitor ~ September 2020Pillsbury’s communications lawyers have published FCC Enforcement Monitor monthly since 1999 to inform our clients of notable FCC enforcement actions against FCC license holders and others. This month’s issue includes: Pennsylvania AM Radio Station’s Tower Marking and Lighting Violations End With Consent Decree Unauthorized Transfer of Control Costs Nevada FM Radio Licensee $8,000 Arizona Translator […]
- First Electronic Must-Carry/Retransmission Consent Elections Due October 1October 1, 2020 is the deadline for TV stations to (1) upload to their online Public Inspection Files their must-carry/retransmission consent carriage election statements for the three-year cycle covering January 1, 2021 to December 31, 2023, and (2) notify MVPDs of any changes to their election status. As we previewed in May, the upcoming October […]
- FCC Enforcement Monitor ~ August 2020Pillsbury’s communications lawyers have published FCC Enforcement Monitor monthly since 1999 to inform our clients of notable FCC enforcement actions against FCC license holders and others. This month’s issue includes: More Stations Settle with FCC Over Political File Violations FCC Fines Drone Retailer Nearly $3 Million for Marketing Unauthorized Devices California FM Translator Fined for […]
- NAB Statement on Senate Introduction of HEROES Small Business Lifeline ActWASHINGTON, D.C. – In response to the introduction in the Senate yesterday of the HEROES Small Business Lifeline Act, which includes provisions to expand eligibility for U.S. Small Business Administration loan access to struggling local newspapers and radio and television stations, the following statement can be attributed to NAB President and CEO Gordon Smith:
- NAB Show Announces Winners of Second Annual 'Product of the Year' Awards
- NAB President and CEO Gordon Smith Offers Welcome Remarks at NAB Show New YorkWashington, D.C. -- NAB President and CEO Gordon Smith delivered the folowing remarks at the NAB Show New York Welcome today. The session and the rest of the NAB Show New York panels can be found here.