WDAY, the #1 station in Fargo, North Dakota is looking for a 5 pm Anchor/Producer to join our team and work in our multi-platform newsroom.
WDAY is an award-winning station taking home six Emmys and two national Edward R. Murrow awards in the last four years. We are a locally owned and operated station covering North Dakota and western Minnesota. We produce over 30 hours of local news each week and have a staff of 35 journalists working in our news, weather, and sports departments. Our recently remodeled newsroom includes spacious new work stations, meeting spaces, and a hangout area complete with couches and televisions. Here is how WDAY will invest in you:
1. We offer opportunities to grow – we like to promote from within.
2. We will provide ongoing training and individual coaching sessions with our Magid consultant team.
3. We offer a good work environment with veteran staff to help you grow and advance.
4. You will qualify for a monthly cell phone reimbursement allowance and yearly clothing allowances.
5. We offer a full benefits package with 401k, on-site workout room, paid-time-off, and your birthday is considered a holiday so you get that day off as well.
WDAY has helped launch the careers of many news professionals around the country.
We have alumni in many of the county’s top markets including Minneapolis, Denver, Phoenix, Detroit, Chicago, Tampa Bay, Albuquerque, San Antonio, and Las Vegas.
Fargo is the largest city in North Dakota and borders Moorhead, Minnesota. The metro population is over 240,000, including the cities of Fargo and West Fargo in North Dakota and Moorhead and Dilworth in Minnesota. Fargo has a vibrant downtown with many activities and events geared towards young professionals. The community hosts many major concerts, sporting, and community events throughout the year. There is a variety of styles of apartments to choose from, including several new apartment buildings in several new neighborhoods. The communities have plenty of options for shopping; from local specialty shops to major retailers.
You will anchor and produce Monday-Friday for our 5 pm newscast. There will also be opportunities to fill-in on our other shows.
The successful candidate will have some full-time or fill-in anchoring and producing experience, exceptional writing, communication, and organizational skills.