WDAY, the most-watched television station in Fargo, North Dakota, is seeking a Broadcast Promotion Specialist. You will work closely with the General Manager and News Director to lead our promotional efforts on all our platforms, from TV to digital to social media. You will work with members of the news team to grow our presence on multiple social media platforms.
- Works closely with the General Manager and News Director to develop and supervise all local promotions, including daily topical promotions, image, and other on-air, online and social media promotional campaigns to enhance the station’s competitiveness.
- Works closely with members of the news team to maximize social media opportunities.
- Plans executes and tracks the station’s marketing campaigns.
- Maintains network and syndicated promotions for all stations.
- Works in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and ensures assigned projects meet deadlines.
- Coordinates the station’s community involvement projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- You should have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to successfully interact with all departments. You will need to possess excellent oral and written communication skills as well as presentation, organization, and time management skills and be able to prioritize multiple tasks. We are looking for a person with a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, Social Media, Mass Communications, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, Social Media or Mass Communications, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience. •Minimum three years of experience in media promotions.
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
- Experience establishing long-range objectives and specifying the strategies and actions to achieve them.
- Detailed experience and understanding of all aspects of station promotion and TV production including news, sports, weather, public service.
- Passion for strong image and promotion writing.
- Possess excellent communication skills, both oral and written, presentation, organization, and time management skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to successfully interact with all departments.