Hubbard Broadcasting, Inc. is looking for an experienced General Manager with a demonstrated history of success in leading television and digital operations. This position requires an effective leader for this growing ABC affiliate located in Rochester, MN, serving the Rochester-Austin-Mason City DMA. The General Manager will be responsible for leading with integrity, articulating a cohesive vision, innovating through creativity and collaboratively executing to ensure the station’s performance is economically sound and editorially responsive. The successful candidate must engage and lead a high performing team coupled with newly emerging talent to develop and execute the long-term vision of the station. The General Manager has full local control and autonomy to make decisions that impact the station’s success. This position reports directly to the President of Hubbard Television Group.
- Responsible for overall success of the station, with full local control and accountability for news, programing, sales, operations and financial results. Establish station objectives in conjunction with Hubbard goals and philosophy and determine strategies for execution.
- Provide leadership and build relationships in the community, maintain and develop image in viewer communities (public relations and public affairs) and build consistent customer client value.
- Responsible for ensuring all FCC licensing requirements are met and maintained.
- Develop short, intermediate and long-range market strategies and plans which enhance the product and produce real results for a growing base of customer/clients. Drive sales through coaching and inspiring others to hit their goals.
- Lead through innovation and able to adapt to changing situations quickly and with ease.
- Recruit, retain and develop top talent through leadership, active engagement, communication and collaboration.
- Responsible for programing all day-parts and all local content in station-produced newscasts and platforms.
- Set budget with corporate approval; develop, manage and be responsible for the annual budget, including accurate forecasting and performance.
- Ensure revenue and expense goals are assigned, managed, monitored and correctly executed to achieve benchmarks.
- Identify and deliver opportunities to grow multi-platform content and distribution capabilities.
- Manage department heads and oversee their individual performance within an efficient and effective organizational structure.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Must have demonstrated strong traditional broadcast television management experience and acumen; 3 years broadcast experience as a General Manager, News Director or Sales Director preferred.
- Proven leadership ability required with successful experience molding and leading a team. Demonstrated innovative leadership, communication and staff development skills with a history of successful leadership, innovation and goal achievement in a multimedia company.
- Must be fluent in business financial reports, managing costs, building a profitable business and able to direct actions for their achievement.
- Must have ability and experience in thinking independently, analyzing and solving problems; must excel at establishing and balancing priorities and seeking efficiencies in operations.
- Must be goal-oriented with a strong focus on business performance and building a base of consistent new customers through in-the-field execution with or through the Sales team.
- Must have broad-based knowledge of television station operations including FCC regulations and license fulfillment requirements.
- Must have strong budgeting skills, demonstrating creative use of available resources and proven planning, prioritizing and achievement of financial and strategic objectives.
- Willingness to tirelessly invest time & effort in community leadership as a positive representative of the station.