KX News in Bismarck, ND is looking for a hardworking Meteorologist/MMJ who wants to learn from the best. Join our team of Meteorologists in tracking severe weather, winter weather and everything in between.
The Meteorologist Reporter will report, shoot, write and edit weather/news reports across multiple platforms three days a week. On the weekends they are the Meteorologist for our morning newscasts.
- An understanding of social media and digital presentations is helpful. The weekend Meteorologist will also fill in as needed during the week when other Meteorologists are on leave.
- Produce and present weather/news reports for all platforms.
- Ensures that all weather/news content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
- Writes and delivers weather / news stories in a clear and concise manner.
- Assists in writing, copy editing, researching and coordinating weather programming and other content.
- Responds to breaking and/or severe weather events and other urgent newsroom situations as required.
- Works closely with the weather team to develop comprehensive weather coverage.
- Participates in promotional activities including public appearances.
- Writes web stories detailing the local forecast on a daily basis.
- Interacts with viewers and users on social media sites.
- The MMJ part of the job includes reporting three days a week.
- Ability to shoot pictures and edit stories from beginning to end.
- Winning candidate will be posting on the web and social media.
- Bachelor’s degree in Meteorology, or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- Entry level to 2 years’ experience in weather presentation and reporting preferred.
- Must be able to shoot video, and perform non-linear editing of stories, Knowledge of ENPS helpful.
- Proficiency with WSI is helpful.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong understanding of the field of Meteorology and a proven track record of forecasting.
- Ability to effectively listen to fully understand problems and communicate with a team to shape a solution.
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Flexibility to work any shift.